Most Animal Shelters and Rescues receive no federal or state funding and rely on support form their community. While monitory donations are the most helpful, it is NOT the only way to support these organizations. There are a variety of ways you can lend a helping hand to the lovable animals in need of a forever home. Best of all, you don’t have to go broke doing so. Check out some methods of assisting your favorite rescue or shelter today though volunteering, donation, and even while shopping on Amazon!
1) Take a Walk: ResQwalk is a free mobile app that lets you raise money and resources for your favorite animal welfare organization, and all you have to do is walk! LEARN MORE
2) Purchase Products Through AmazonSmile: AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice. LEARN MORE
3) Donate Recyclable Items: Many shelters take donations of Aluminum Cans, Newspapers and Paper Bags that they either can turn in for money or use at the shelters. Before you toss them in your recycling bin, check with your local shelter to see what items they could use. Many of our team volunteer for local shelters, If you are a client of Client of Critter Sitters and More, we would be happy to pick these items during our pet visits and drop them off for you.
4) Volunteer your Time: Shelters need a variety of volunteers to help feed, water and exercise their charges. Additionally there are adoption events and fundraisers that need staff support.
5) Foster Pets In Your Home: If you are busy and don’t have time to go to the shelter, let the rescue come to you. Many rescues will pay 100% of the cost for care, they just need a place for the pets to stay until adoption.
Check out our Adoption Options Page for a list of local Rescues and Shelters. This list continues to grow as we discover more.